The spine chilling horror for most of the people of United States is when they hear that there are bed bugs in their house.
Bed bugs are insects which breed on beds, cushions and sofas and feed on human blood. They can sustain on all common temperature and climate conditions and have a life span of a maximum of three months. They breed and reproduce very fast hence a single bed bug spotted means there is possibility of a huge number of it around.
How to know that there are bed bugs?
Well bed bugs can be known when they are treated or killed. With processes like exterminators or steamer for bed bugs, you can easily see them coming out of their hideouts and dying.
Apart from this there are common ways when you will know that there are bed bugs in your house. They are:
- Sight : a fully grown bed bug is of the size of an apple seed. But before that they are very small to be noticed easily with the naked eye. At a stage, bed bugs are so small that they fit in the stitch hole of mattresses or other fabrics.
- Bed bug faeces: bed bugs excrete faeces which leave a brownish stain on your bed sheets. Usually a white or a light blue bed sheet can easily show the stains. This is when you must know that there are bed bugs nearby.
- Blood stains: Bed bugs feed on human blood. After they have fed themselves, blood from your skin stains the bed sheet. Sometimes a bed bug may even die by getting squished under you and will leave out all the blood it has sucked. Thus you can know that there are bed bugs in your house.
How to get rid of bed bugs?
Bed bugs are very common in houses. Though many people think that bed bugs are common in hotels and motels, but according to a study it is seen that 91% of the bed bug infestations are found in private houses. As a fact, one out of every five persons in the US has a bed bug infestation.
Bed bugs have developed to resist common house cleaning chemicals and thus they have become less affective to eradicate bed bugs.
A very good solution is the use of exterminators, but they are too costly to afford. Thus steamer for bed bugs remain the only affordable option to get rid of bed bugs.
Bed bug steamers
The process how you must use a steamer are as follows :
- The steam should be at 113°C for 90 minutes
- It can be used in cracks for up to 3 inches.
- The steamer should be filled with at least one gallon of water.
In this way the steamer for bed bugs can be used to get rid of bed bugs.