At the time of building or renovating a bathroom, one must be careful at the time of choosing bathroom tiles. One must keep in mind that the bathroom tiles are mainly subjected to moisture as well as change in temperatures. Some of the important tips one must consider at the time of choosing the bathroom floor tiles have been discussed in this article.
Important tips to consider at the time of choosing the bathroom floor tiles
Tiles mainly play an important role in the bathroom as this determines its overall look. One can find different types of tiles that are available in the market in terms of shapes, materials, sizes, colors as well as patterns. So it can be confusing to choose the best option for the washroom. Below are some of the important tips one must consider at the time of choosing the bathroom floor tiles:
- Before someone even starts looking for bathroom tiles they must decide on a style to select. The particular bathroom style someone wants mainly decides the type of tiles they will mainly want to purchase.
- Then it is necessary to find out the total no. of tiles which will be required for the bathroom. A person must make sure they mainly calculate the quantity separately for the walls.
- It is also necessary to determine the approximate price range for the wall as well as the floor tiles as per the budget.
- Bathroom tiles are mainly available in a wide range of materials. Some of these materials are glass, ceramic, mosaic, porcelain, natural stone, as well as cement tiles. As the bathroom is mainly susceptible to getting slippery when wet, it is always good to choose the matte finish, anti-skid or textured tiles. This is mainly due to the fact that they mainly offer good grip. Glass tiles must never be used on the floor as they are slippery. Some of the popular options mainly include ceramic as well as porcelain due to their durability as well as ease of maintenance.
Top important features of the bathroom floor tiles to know about
Some of the top features of the bathroom floor tiles are discussed below:
- Durability: The bathroom is one of the most visited areas of the home. The type of flooring must be able to withstand heavy foot traffic.
- Hygienic: The bathroom floor has optimum conditions for bacteria and mold to grow. Being both humid as well as warm, the bathroom flooring can be the perfect breeding ground for germs. Floor tiling can be cleaned easily.
- Waterproof: Bathroom flooring must be waterproof in case of drips, spills, as well as leaks.
These are some of the important facts to know about bathroom floor tiles.